Every day when we wake up, whether we know it or not, we tell a story about ourselves and about how our day is going to be. This can be a great means of either starting your day positively or having a negative cloud hanging over your head. Having primarily negative beliefs puts boundaries and limitations on things in our lives and therefore, keeps us within our comfort zones. This is called a limiting belief; a thought or state of mind that you think is the absolute truth and stops you from doing certain things.
These beliefs tend to cause you to focus on your imperfect self and shortcomings, making you lack confidence and motivation! It is especially apparent when trying to accomplish something new in either your personal life or your career. However, once you discover this is what you’ve been doing, you can identify your limiting belief and learn how to overcome it! It is much easier said than done, but you can change your mindset to a supporting belief, or a belief that helps you move forward, motivate, and encourage you. Here are some things you can do to help break through that negative mindset and reset your subconscious mind.
- Set small, clear goals, then create a plan to start or achieve them.
- Focus on providing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Continuously analyze and adjust your strategies to stay current & competitive.
- Network and build relationships with other like-minded individuals or businesses.
- Stay organized and prioritize tasks to maximize productivity.
- Invest in opportunities for growth and development.
Norman Vincent Peale, an author best known for popularizing the concept of positive thinking, once said “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” Your mindset and limiting beliefs are the only things standing in the way of you achieving your goals.